UNDERSTANDING THE NATURE OF MOLD
- It is a type of fungus that is different from plants, animals, and bacteria.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- These are spores and hair-like bodies of individual mold colonies which are too small for us to see without a microscope and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems.
- They often appear in black, blue, or green.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture which can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These can produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Keep the indoor humidity below forty-five (45) percent since in cannot support mold growth lower than this.
In addition, cleaning with bleach and water will not kill mold. The damaged area must be removed and reconstructed. It is best left to professionally trained specialists, such as Flood Pro Florida LLC, to handle hazardous material and eliminate the spread to other rooms.
Flood Pro Florida LLC’s mold remediation includes the following:Assessment
After making an appointment with Flood Pro Florida LLC’s twenty-four (24) service hotline, our specialist will go to your home to identify moldy areas and pinpoint the source of the problem. In result, he will then construct a mold remediation plan.
Once the source of the moisture problem and the affected areas are identified, these will now be closed off to avoid contamination of the rest of your home.
The use of advanced containment procedures such as Negative Air Chambers will isolate the contaminated area. This will produce physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
We at Flood Pro Florida LLC use High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters to clean the air of mold spores and other particles. These powerful vacuums prevent the spread of these mold spores and allow to capture its microscopic forms.
Removal of Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Since mold is a living organism and deeply ingrains itself into materials to survive, it is best to dispose of anything permeable. On the other hand, non-porous materials can be cleaned with anti-microbial cleaners. The use of sealants may also be used for treated areas and be more resistant to water and mold.
To guarantee a mold-free environment, our specialists will also clean all heating and air conditioning systems as well.
As part of Flood Pro Florida LLC’s moisture management strategies, we thoroughly clean and dry items by using a variety of cleaning techniques to sanitize your belongings.
Repair and Restoration
In this phase, the reconstruction process will begin after all mold-contaminated materials are removed. During the restoration, minor and/or major repairs are involved. These could be replacing a drywall, painting, or reconstructing various areas which are severely damaged.
GIVE US A CALL!
Every qualified restoration company should understand the science behind mold growth. Here at Flood Pro Florida LLC, we guarantee that our team has the proper training and expertise to retain mold levels back to normal.